GPS Staff and Families,
In light of developments over the last 24 hours with COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we will be postponing all training across the US and Canada until March 22, and will touch base next week with further updates. If there are more specific updates by state or country, you will hear directly from your General Manager.
Please see the below note from Steve Griffin, President & CEO of Legacy Global Sports, the parent company of GPS.
To reiterate what Steve says, our number one focus at GPS is on the health, safety, and wellbeing of our staff and families.
Chief Executive Officer
Global Premier Soccer
Dear Athletes and Families,
Over the past two months, we have been monitoring the ever-changing characteristics of COVID-19. During this time, our primary concern has been the health and safety of each of you as well as our staff.
In light of health risks; the varied actions taken by different towns, municipalities and states; and our collective ability to help “flatten the curve” of this virus, we have decided to postpone our practice sessions through next week. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 virus as it relates to each of your specific markets and provide timely updates that impacts each of you and your soccer experience.
I’m sure you will have questions... We will provide an update next Friday re: resuming practice sessions as well asthe status and trends of the virus; changes in local policies / restrictions; any changes to tournament schedules; and the expected start dates for league play.
We have seen sport play an impactful role during difficult times by providing a sense of normalcy, social engagement, and comfort that we will persevere. This is particularly important for our children. We look forward to getting back on field as soon possible.
Please know that we have your best interests in mind and will be in touch shortly.
Thanks again for your understanding and support.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Legacy Global Sports, LP